Even those of us who don’t shop very often surely have a drawer full of old t-shirts they don’t really wear anymore. Whether they’re too big, too small, or just look really worn out, it’s easy to amass a collection of shirts that only have one purpose: to collect dust.
But this summer, spend some of your free time turning those shirts into something useful. It’s a great way to save money and to create something awesome out of something not-so-awesome. There are tutorials for making dingy t-shirts into a t-shirt you want to wear again, into a cool tank, a swimsuit coverup, bags, or even headbands. Want to get into some DIY stuff this summer? Here are 25 easy ways to update your old t-shirts right now:
2. Turn an over-sized tee into a cool halter perfect for summer.
3. Make a graphic tee more fun by adding lace inserts.
4. Turn a really old shirt into a cute bag.
5. Give a boring shirt an update with this lace top.
6. Make an oversized tee work for summer by cutting it into a tie-front tank
7. Do something fun with dip dye to make a plain tee more exciting
8. A little bit of lace makes a plain shirt more cool
9. Turn a graphic tee into a workout tank (or just a regular tank!)
10. Or make it into a really cute little tote bag
11. Create a cool pattern and put it all over a shirt you’re bored with
12. This cool ripped back tee made from a boring over-sized tee is a perfect swimsuit cover-up
13. If the t-shirt is a lost cause, make it into a headband
14. Create a really cool splattered tee out of a boring shirt
15. Sometimes all you need is a simple change to the back to create something new and different
16. A shirt you just don’t want to wear anymore can easily be made into an infinity scarf
17. Can’t find the graphic tee of your dreams? Make it yourself!
18. Need a new swimsuit coverup? An old, over-sized white tee can transform into a cool tie-dyed piece:
19. Add a gem necklace to any shirt to instantly give it an update
20. Turn a plain t-shirt into a cool ruffled tube top
21. Go for something more casual and make a cool varsity shirt
22. Turn a simple t-shirt into a tank with an awesome lace collar
23. Make an over-sized t-shirt into a dress. This is one of the only shirt-to-dress tutorials I actually love!
24. Or add a lace cutout for something unexpected
25. Here’s another fun tie-die coverup you can make with an old shirt:
Will is the Executive Managing Editor at Feedster. Will and his team from Content HOW work with venture capital, marketing co-ops, and companies to attract and gain qualified leads.
His primary focus on developing a sales funnel for a company and finding out of the box / growth hacking style ways to convert and drive traffic.