The music industry is and it has always been one of those industries where it is almost impossible to make a name for yourself. There are a few chosen people that are lucky enough to have their voices heard and their dreams coming true. Right? Well, in recent years, a lot of things have changed all around the … Continue Reading about The Rise of Self-Made Music Stars
The 30 most popular books of all time have been released. And it’s an interesting mix.
Researchers determined how many book copies, translations and editions had been sold since the 8th century BC. No suprises then, that the book that comes in at number one is the Holy Koran. It has been translated into 50 languages, has 398 editions and more than 3 billion copies have been printed.
Second on the list is The King James Bible. It’s been printed over 2.5 billion times and translated into 66 languages.
Other mentions go to the Harry Potter series at number 5, which has been sold 450 million times and Alice in Wonderland, number 9, which has been sold 100 million times.
Take a look at what books ranked as the greatest of all time here:
1. The Koran – three billion copies printed
2. The King James Bible – 2.5bn copies printed
3. Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung, Mao Zedong – 800 million copies sold
4. Don Quixote, Miguel de Cervantes – 500 million copies sold
6. A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens – 200 million copies sold
7. The Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien – 150 million copies sold
8. Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry – 140 million copies sold
9. Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll – 100 million copies sold
10. Dream of the Red Chamber, Cao Xueqin – 100 million copies sold
11. And Then There Were None, Agatha Christie – 100 million copies sold
12. The Hobbit, JRR Tolkein – 100 million copies sold
13. She: A History Of Adventure, H.Rider Haggard – 83 million copies sold
14. The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe, CS Lewis, 85 million copies sold
15. The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown – 80 million copies sold
16. The Catcher In The Rye, JD Salinger – 65 million copies sold
17. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle – 60 million copies sold
18. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea, Jules Verne, 60 million copies sold
19. Millennium Trilogy, Stieg Larsson – 50 million copies sold
20. Watership Down, Richard Adams – 50 million copies sold
21. Odyssey, Homer – 45 million copies sold
22. The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Eric Carle – 30 million copies sold
23. To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee – 30 million copies sold
24. Gone With The Wind, Margaret Mitchell – 30 million copies sold
25. Nineteen Eight-Four, George Orwell – 25 million copies sold
26. The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald – 25 million copies sold
27. The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain – 20 million copies sold
28. Anderson’s Fairy Tales, Hans Christian Anderson – 20 million copies sold
29. Pride And Prejudice, Jane Austin – 20 million copies sold
30. Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe – 9 million copies sold
Do you agree with the list?
Will is the Executive Managing Editor at Feedster. Will and his team from Content HOW work with venture capital, marketing co-ops, and companies to attract and gain qualified leads.
His primary focus on developing a sales funnel for a company and finding out of the box / growth hacking style ways to convert and drive traffic.