Gone are the days when blogs and websites were considered entirely distinct entities. Today, they share a much closer relationship. A business blog is now another integral part of branding your company. It is an invaluable tool for driving traffic to your website and plays an important role in influencing the way visitors buy from your website. To create an effective content try to put yourself in the mind of your buyer. A well written quality blog can have dramatic effect on your marketing efforts.
In the next 5 years, 85% of the customer relationships will be managed without talking to a human. This clearly states that the consumers will more likely be doing their own research before they actually contact the company personnel and one of the first channels they will probably look out for the information is your blog! It serves as a great opportunity to extend your brand and showcase your personality.
Thus, it becomes very important to know the following factors before hosting a Blog to your Business Website.
- A Blog Costs You Time: Your Blog works for your company day and night – while you are working or not, your blog is always working for you. The only thing it demands is your time. Blogging helps you establish your presence online. It can help you reach millions of probable customers who wouldn’t have been reachable without it at all. Invest your time on it wisely.
- Search optimization:As I mentioned earlier, a Blog helps a great way to bring traffic to your website. Even if you don’t have the time to blog frequently, don’t forget that it’s still sooner than to make updates to your website. Integrate your blog seamlessly with social media. Use tools like Share or Pin to make it easy for readers to share your content. Sharing expands a blog’s reach and makes it viral and amplified, thus boosting the ranking of the site!
- Blogs are so much more than just text: To draw in the readers, most of who are the potential customers, a great strategy is to mix up media with the text. To capture the interests of your audience, mix up media, i.e. videos, photos, polls, etc. with the text.
- Know the Expectations of your Audience: Before going for a business blog, know your audience’s expectations in terms of what they want to read, see and experience through your blog and try to deliver beyond! The key here is don’t stray too far from your established business image! Try to add value for your readers through your blog by providing them with tips, tricks & ideas!
- Customer engagement & response. A blog is all about being engaged and connected to your current and potential customers. To gain more exposure, think about how you can address the needs of your audience even if it has less to do with your products or services. Also, be responsive. A blog is much more effective when it is a two way conversation. Feel free to comment & answer the comments posted on it before they get stale.
Blog Intent: Always remember not to be promotional with your blog rather be helpful and informative. Post about things that your potential clients would find useful and relevant.
Feedster.com brings to you all the required information at one place. It opens you to a lot of ideas and reading materials to guide you through. It has write ups on every niche when it comes to business, right from when you think to start a business blog or website to promoting an already established one.
In today’s digitalised World, an effective website can have a make or break impact on your business. Whether your website already exists or in the way of redesigning, following are the important factors that should be kept in mind:
- Know the Point of Your Website: The first and foremost you need to decide what exactly you want to accomplish from your website? Should it be for potential customers? Should it generate income from ads or affiliate? Be specific and clear about the main purpose of your website and this way, it would be beneficial both for your customers and your business.
- Decide what kind of Website you need: Do you need the website from the existing templates or theme or do you want a website that is custom designed? Choosing to use an existing template or theme is an affordable option and very common with start-ups and small businesses with limited budget but the drawback lies in its Limited functionality. On the other hand, Investing in a custom website designed has the advantage of designed keeping in mind each & every aspect of your business in particular but this customisation comes with a higher price, a longer development time, and the need for future updates or upgrades by the developer. There are pros n cons to both, and your choice depends on your budget and needs.
- Think Through Your Content Organisation: It is important to organise your content in a way so as to make it simple for the visitors to navigate the site by adding easily visible headers.
- Know Who Will Create and Manage Your Website Content: The Content on your website is not static. It needs to be refreshed at regular intervals and in some businesses regularly. Make sure you know who will be doing that!
- Ease to share: Make content sharing on your site as easy as possible for your readers. After all, sharing will bring exposure and momentum to the traffic coming to your site.
- Website Maintenance: Websites always evolve and Visitors and search engines want to see updated content. It is of vital importance to know who will be doing content update and the technical updates for the website!
Business Blogs and Business Websites open and expand the avenues for the business! You work for a particular product or category and whether it’s your website or the blog, it should aim to target that particular niche.
If it is targeting it already, you are pretty much on the right path and if you are already underway establishing a business website or blogging, or just starting it out, Share your thoughts below and what you’re looking to get out of it!