Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
I easily fall in love with beautiful sentences. No doubt about that.
That is why I have made a compilation of some of the most sentences that perfectly captured my heart. Take a few minutes to get started with the most beautiful sentences in the world. I promise you, you won’t regret it!
- “Dear God,’ she prayed, ‘let me be something every minute of every hour of my life.” —Betty Smith
- “We are all waiting for the luminous hands that will reach for us in the night, the eyes that will witness our pain, the voice that will whisper the possibility of a different truth.” —Gina Nahai
- “In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart.”—Anne Frank
- “I did not feel as if I were a person but simply a receiving station for a series of overwhelming transmissions.” —Jeff Vandermeer
- “I don’t want to fade away, I want to flame away – I want my death to be an attraction, a spectacle, a mystery.” —Jennifer Egan
- “I knew every raindrop by its name.” —Denis Johnson
- “We cross our bridges as we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and the presumption that once our eyes watered.” —Tom Stoppard
- “I miss her, with a never-ending ache that I did not think was possible, that crowds out any other feeling and certainly all my reason, and any good sense.” —Kaitlyn Greenidge
- “I look at you and a sense of wonder takes me.” —Homer
- “For you, a thousand times over” —Khaled Hosseini
11. “Sometimes I can feel my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I’m not living.” —Jonathan Safran Foer
12. “I don’t know what’s worse: to not know what you are and be happy, or to become what you’ve always wanted to be, and feel alone.” —Daniel Keyes
13. “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” —William Shakespeare
14. “I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.” —Charles Dickens
15. “The purpose of art is to transfer feeling from one person’s heart to another person’s heart.” —David Shields
16. “Come out of your shell”, that noxious expression which fails to appreciate that some animals naturally carry shelter everywhere they go, and that some humans are just the same.” —Susan Cain
17. “Nobody even imagines how well one can lie about the state of one’s own heart.” —Yukio Mishima
18. “But there is only one thing that has power completely, and this is love.” —Alan Paton
19. “The truth may be stretched thin, but it never breaks, and it always surfaces above lies, as oil floats on water.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
20. “If you lived honestly, your life would heal itself.” —David Viscott
21. “Where there’s hope, there’s life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.” —Anne Frank
22. “I like to see people reunited, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying, I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can’t tell fast enough, the ears that aren’t big enough, the eyes that can’t take in all of the change, I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone.” —Jonathan Safran Foer
23. “Above all, send the bees love. Every little thing wants to be loved.” —Sue Monk Kidd
24. “How easy it was to lie to strangers, to create with strangers the versions of our lives that we have imagined.” —Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
25. “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.” —John Milton
26. “We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.” —George Orwell
27. “You are ancient ideas in a mortal body.” —Nikita Gill
28. “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.” —Ian McEwan
29. “Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it. The way it tunnels into you allows your soul room to grow. Never expect to outgrow loneliness. Never hope to find people who will understand you, someone to fill that space. An intelligent, sensitive person is the exception, the very great exception. If you expect to find people who will understand you, you will grow murderous with disappointment. The best you’ll ever do is to understand yourself, know what it is that you want, and not let the cattle stand in your way.” —Janet Fitch
30. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you.” —Jane Austen
31. “Everybody, everybody everywhere, has his own movie going, his own scenario, and everybody is acting his movie out like mad, only most people don’t know that is what they’re trapped by, their little script.” —Tom Wolfe
32. “Every one of us is like a man who sees things in a dream and thinks that he knows them perfectly and then wakes up to find that he knows nothing.” —Plato
33. “I don’t have any problem understanding why people flunk out of college or quit their jobs or cheat on each other or break the law or spray-paint walls. A little bit outside of things is where some people feel each other. We do it to replace the frame of family. We do it to erase and remake our origins in their own images. To say, I too was here.” —Lidia Yuknavitch
34. “If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery–isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.” —Charles Bukowksi
35. “Our emotion is perhaps nothing but an expression of a poetry that was lost.” —Gaston Bachelard
36. “Writers don’t make any money at all. We make about a dollar. It is terrible. But then again we don’t work either. We sit around in our underwear until noon then go downstairs and make coffee, fry some eggs, read the paper, read part of a book, smell the book, wonder if perhaps we ourselves should work on our book, smell the book again, throw the book across the room because we are quite jealous that any other person wrote a book, feel terribly guilty about throwing the schmuck’s book across the room because we secretly wonder if God in heaven noticed our evil jealousy, or worse, our laziness. We then lie across the couch facedown and mumble to God to forgive us because we are secretly afraid He is going to dry up all our words because we envied another man’s stupid words. And for this, as I said, we are paid a dollar. We are worth so much more.” —Donald Miller
37. “Inside us there is something that has no name, that something is what we are.” —Jose Saramago
38. “This moment contains all moments.” —C.S Lewis
39. “In our world, that’s the way you live your grown-up life: you must constantly rebuild your identity as an adult, the way it’s been put together is wobbly, ephemeral, and fragile, it cloaks despair and, when you’re alone in front of the mirror, it tells you the lies you need to believe.” —Muriel Barbery
40. “Sometimes, when she’s out here alone, she can feel the pulse of something bigger, as if all things animate were beating in unison, a glory and a connection that sweeps her out of herself, out of her consciousness, so that nothing has a name, not in Latin, not in English, not in any known language.” —T.C. Boyle
Did your favorite line from literature make the list?
Will is the Executive Managing Editor at Feedster. Will and his team from Full Epic Lead Generation work with venture capital, marketing co-ops, and companies to attract and gain qualified leads.
His primary focus on developing a sales funnel for a company and finding out of the box / growth hacking style ways to convert and drive traffic.