At Work

How HR Software Affected Hiring Process

Recruiting and hiring has never been easier. In the old days, it was pretty difficult to gather information on potential employees. Nowadays, with the rise of the internet, various types of useful information are easily accessible. For instance,  big data is a huge collection of information that anyone can use to generate reports on applicants , and it is a result of the fact that, today, not leaving a digital footprint  is virtually impossible. To illustrate, credit card companies track every single purchase you make and each time you scan a reward card at a store, they know.

Human Resource (HR) software and applicant tracking software have become integral elements of the hiring process. They reduce the hiring manager’s obligations, because they are automating tasks which had to be done manually. Furthermore, such software enhances the quality of work that these managers do, as they standardize the hiring process and make it more efficient.

Numbers never lie

According to a recruiting software impact report from last year, 75% of recruiters use some kind of applicant tracking software. Out of those 75%, 94% state that software has enhanced hiring process, while only around 5% claim that the usage of software negatively affected their business.  Out of all software users, around 27% use it for internal hiring, while the remaining 73% are staffing firms.

When it comes to the hiring role of software users, around 53% are recruiters, 38% are talent managers and 9% have other roles at their organizations. So, it is clear that HR software has significantly improved the hiring process.

numbers

The human resources departments are changing

An HR expert, Tim Sackett, states that HR software is changing human resources departments because their price is so low that any HR shop can afford to have this sort of technology. HR software is extremely efficient as it eliminates a multitude of administrative tasks. So, HR professionals need to become much more strategic and organizations have to hire the ones that are on a higher level. Professionals who are comfortable with doing the administrative work are no longer needed.

Another expert in the field, Jon Ingham says that thanks to HR software, the strategic and transactional parts of any organization’s HR architecture can be clearly defined. The transactional part should just be delivered by a well-organized system, while the strategic part is more important and complicated and may need an upgrade on top of the existing platform.

Bryan Wempen, CEO of Assessment Research and Development (ARD) claims that at some point in the future, HR will become a function of Finance and Marketing departments, primarily because these two are more linked with income strategy and execution.

The benefits of HR software

Remote recruiting, for example, has become easier recruitmentbecause it is now digitized and enables employers to find qualified employees wherever. Therefore, organizations have a wider pool of candidates and they can track down top talents, instead of settling with hardly qualified applicants. Because of transparency, employees can effortlessly search for information about a certain company.

Collaborative hiring is now enhanced, as it is much simpler for managers and HR professionals to review applications and profiles, to add feedback and move the candidate onto the next step. Also, certain types of software enable employers to view analytics which can provide them with precise information about past hires, present performance and turnover data. As a result they can make better decision when hiring in the future and thus improve company’s retention rates, productivity and efficiency.

HR software can be crucial for a company’s growth

After considering numerous upsides and small number of downsides of HR software, any organization that has such a possibility should take advantage of it. It can be used it to cut down on expenses, as well as to find the best possible candidates, who can, in the future, take such an organization to the very top.

0 Replies to “How HR Software Affected Hiring Process

  1. HR Software is now full of features and self-contained—not just the data storage systems we once knew them as. Modern HR systems like Sutihr.com are now tools that HR Professionals can use on a daily-basis for several purposes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *