The internet is booming! On a daily basis, amazing content whether in shape of text, photos or videos is published on blogs and start to make rounds. Currently, there are a lot of new and old players on the internet market, and the competition keeps on increasing with each passing day. So, to stand out of the crowd, the need of the time is to use ways which will make your blog unique and much more intuitive than your competitors. Here in this post, we are going to talk about ways which can not only increase the traffic on your blog but also its engagement, such ways include:
- Publish Unique Content: The first and foremost rule of thumb to make your blog popular and engaging among masses is to publish unique content. The content should always be related to the topic of your blog which will certainly make it interesting for your readers to read. Avoid plagiarism and focus on publishing 100% quality content.
- A Catchy Title for Each Post: People are attracted by reading a catchy title. Although they are interested to read your complete post but it is the title that lures them into reading your complete post. So try to give each of your posts catchy titles.
- Use Elegant Design: Easy to use websites which have elegant yet simple designs are destined to get popular and grow among audiences. People prefer blogs which are intuitive and simplistic in nature because such blogs enable them to focus more on quality content instead of getting confused by unconventional design.
- People Love Photos: The audience of your blog is more likely to view your shared photos when compared with reading your written texts. It is human psychology, photos give conclusion of any situation, condition or scenario within seconds, while text requires time to read and then understand what is being said. Try to share photos related to your content and to the topic of your blog.
- Publish Regularly: A big mistake bloggers make is to post randomly, not making it their duty to be punctual and fix some time of the day to publish a post or two. Since anyone might notice, all the successful blogs and websites, publish content regularly after particular intervals of time and the flow of content does not take a big pause. Big pauses actually result in decrease of your visitors and audience, ultimately damaging the growth of your blog and its engagement.
- Make Your Blog Mobile-Friendly: The whole internet is going mobile. Since the smartphone era came, blogs and websites started to improvise their design to match the demand of mobile-friendly design. Currently, people have more mobile devices than laptops or PCs so it is wise to think that making your blog mobile-friendly will actually increase its growth and recognition.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): One of the most important factor in this list to grow your blog’s reach and engagement is SEO. It has always been important since creating a blog and publishing quality content will not be enough to be recognized. All you content needs to be SEO optimized so that it shows up in search results of various search engines which will direct traffic to your blog.
- Ensure Perfect Grammar: Another important factor to attract audience to your blog is perfect grammar and spelling. Bloggers make this mistake of publishing lots and lots of content but do not focus on perfect grammar and spelling which makes them look unprofessional to their audience. Perfect grammar assures your readers about your credibility and the uniqueness of your content.
- Share Videos: Videos are another great way to increase your blog’s reach. As much as people like photos, videos don’t lack behind only if they are related to the topic of your blog. Related videos prove to be a very important factor in your blog’s engagement as they can be shared on social media websites, which will redirect more and more traffic back to your blog.
- Take Feedback: Whatever your share, it is important to take the feedback of your audience. Implementing changes provided by your audience improves your reputation as a blogger, it makes them entrusted to you and to become your loyal visitors. All of this, results in the increase of your blog’s reach and engagement.
Will is the Executive Managing Editor at Feedster. Will and his team from Content HOW work with venture capital, marketing co-ops, and companies to attract and gain qualified leads.
His primary focus on developing a sales funnel for a company and finding out of the box / growth hacking style ways to convert and drive traffic.