27 Lessons Everyone Learns in Their mid Twenties
1. You won’t necessarily land your dream job straight out of uni.
2. And at times you realise your uni degree was actually kind of pointless.
3. You don’t define yourself by having a large group of friends – it’s now about who’s there for you during the bad times as well as the good.
4. And your patience for people who aren’t good friends will fade quickly.
5. You’ll see people from high school settling down and doing the marriage and babies thing…
6. …while others will be traveling the world.
7. But you know there’s no point in comparing yourself to them, because you’re comfortable now with following your own time-frame.
8. There’ll be a point where you walk into nightclubs you used to frequent regularly and wonder if you’re too old for that scene.
9. Oh, and the hangovers start getting a little bit worse.
10. There’ll be days you feel nostalgic for your college life or late teens.
11. And other days where you’ll feel relieved it’s all over.
12. At some point, you come to the sad realisation your metabolism isn’t exactly what it used to be.
13. So during weekdays you try to stay ~moderately~ healthy.
14. On weekends you get a sudden urge to get out of the house and explore new things.
15. But you also no longer feel forced to do everything social and feel OK being completely honest and just saying no.
Whereas a few years earlier if an event popped up you didn’t want to go to, you’d just make some “emergency” excuse.