Do you remember cheat codes? Whether it was pressing a special sequence of buttons on your PlayStation controller, or finding ways of giving yourself unlimited money on The Sims, we’ve all tried to get the most of our video games before.
Since then, some of us may have graduated from PC games and onto games which allow you to win real money. Online casino games and slots in the UK are now more popular than ever.
This is because they let players experience the thrill of games which combine skill and luck, anywhere they want.
Of course, casino games can be costly if you don’t know how to play, but what if we were to tell you that there’s, essentially, a ‘cheat code’ you can use to win? Enter the Martingale betting system.
What is the Martingale Betting System?
The Martingale betting system is one of the most well-known and well-used betting strategies in the world. It can be applied to most casino games and dates all the way back to the 18th century.
One of the biggest appeals of the Martingale betting system is that it’s easy to get to grips with. Essentially, the system is based on a theory that no one can lose forever.
How Does it Work?
When using the Martingale betting system, players need to do two things:
- Double their bet size when they lose
- Decrease their bet size when they win
We told you it was simple. The theory is that when the player eventually wins, their bigger bets will make up for their losses.
Where Can I Use It?
The Martingale betting system can be applied to many different casino games, but it generally works best games which have 50/50 win to loss options. These include baccarat, craps and roulette.
For instance, players who wish to use the Martingale betting system when playing roulette, should stick to black/red bets or odd/even.
Many people have also had success using the system for playing other games too, including blackjack, poker and video slots.
The Advantages of Using the Martingale Betting System
Like any betting strategy, the Martingale betting system isn’t 100% fool proof. There’s always a risk to gambling, but that’s part of the reason why people love it so much. Moreover, the Martingale system has many advantages over simply placing bets at random.
The biggest advantages of the Martingale betting system include:
- If you always double your bet each time you lose, you will eventually win back the amount you lost, as well as improving your net profits
- The Martingale betting system is most effective when applied to short term betting, which makes it perfect for casual gamers
- The system gives casino newbies a great starting point and can help stop you from making overzealous bets or panicking when you lose
- The system is very simple and easy to understand, which means it can be effortlessly applied to different casino games
- In theory, the Martingale betting system can be applied to every single casino game including video slots, blackjack, and bingo.