You don’t want to engage people who aren’t and won’t ever be interested in business software if that is the product you are selling. Therefore, you have to tailor your search to the audience you are trying to reach.
Step 2: Locate Influencers With the Largest Following
Then, you should start identifying influencers who have the largest following and the most significant influence on consumer buying decisions for your audience.
Step 3: Compare Potential Influencers
The next step is to analyze potential influencers. You read their content and find out how they engage their audience. You watch their discussion topics and see if it relates to you somehow. This unintended linkage between the influencer’s posts or activities and your business is something you should always be on the lookout. This could very well be your way.
Step 4: Targeting the Influencers
This brings us to the next step which is targeting the influencers. There are several ways you can do this but the best way initially is through light contact.
This means you should:
- Start following the selected influencers’ blogs, social media accounts, and anything else that is out there.
- Share content posted by the influencer.
- Comment where possible on posts by the influencer.
- Get into longer discussions directly with the influencer.
This gets you somewhat into the influencer’s circle, and thus the relationship starts to build. This will get your name recognized by the influencer and likely some of that person’s audience members.
From here, you can continue to grow…
Step 5: Contact the Influencer Personally
After getting somewhat into the influencer’s circle, it’s time for heavier contact methods.
You can do the following:
- Fill out a contact sheet on the influencer’s page.
- Call the influencer if you have the ability to do so, and it is ok with the influencer before your call.
- Send a personalized email to that influencer only.
Personalized will work much better than a blanket email with all of the influencers you wish to contact being mentioned only by name, but the body is the same.
Step 6: Getting the Influencer to Promote Your Product
Once you have done all of these things, you can start working on some ways to get the selected influencers to promote you.
Here are some effective ways that has worked for us:
- Ask the influencer actually to try your product or service (if liked, then promote)
- Ask the influencer to mention your company in some way in a posting
- Ask the influencer to post a link for you, making a backlink for yourself to your content
- Ask the influencer to share content you have created
- Create content for the influencer to use and share
- Ask the influencer to create content for you that will make mention of your business
After that, just continue following up on how that has gone and continue to build a relationship with the influencers. If you do all this right, you will see more traffic to your site, more efficacy in your SEO, and more business overall.
However, this can still be a lot of work.
Influencer Marketing Services
If you read through all the steps, you probably think that there’s a lot of work to do. Perhaps you are willing to do the job, but maybe you are not confident about your ability to get influencers on your side.
If this is the case with you, you can hire influencer marketing services. Some agencies employ influencers who will promote your company and brand. The influencers are already there, so all you have to do is tell the company what you want to do. They will help you craft a marketing plan that will hopefully lead to success.
But of all the vendors out there, Jason Kulpa has had the most success throughout the years.