We live in an era where almost everything revolves around the Internet, and life seems impossible without it. No doubt, we are heavily dependent on the World Wide Web due to its obvious benefits. But, what has it all got to do with search engine optimization (SEO) or SEO training?
Before the Internet became popular and easily accessible, business firms and industries were more into physical advertising and marketing methods to promote their products and services. Such advertising techniques had limited reach and prospects. But, fast forward to modern times, digital marketing methods have replaced traditional ways. The online platform has become one of the best media for promotions, and with it, the concept of SEO has shot to fame.
The technique of SEO works to enhance the visibility or ranking of a particular webpage or website on the search results of different search engines. SEO is an excellent way to establish the online presence of a business. However, SEO skills are valid only if a marketing professional has undergone SEO training and understands different SEO tools.
Let’s begin our discussion on the top SEO tools a beginner should know and its impact on one’s SEO training.
Why is SEO so popular?
From home appliance repairers and restaurant recommendations to real estate sales and educational courses, today’s consumers turn to search engines to find a solution for almost everything, and most commonly, it’s Google. Regardless of your business’ popularity or size, your target audience is most likely searching for products or services you offer. But, if you want to attract the audience to your website, then search engine optimization is what you need.
But, what makes SEO so popular, and why does your website need it?
- When your website is well optimized, it gets a better ranking in search results. As a result, it attracts more traffic that may convert to leads and customers.
- Brand building involves the consideration of what you provide and others’ perceptions about it. With the correct SEO strategy in place, such as keyword usage and contents aligned with the customers’ interests and needs, your ideal brand image will establish your online presence.
- If you want your business included in the customers’ online research process, then your website must appear in search results for terms or keywords related to the services and products you offer. And, through SEO, you can direct your target audience to your website.
- Traditional marketing and ad campaigns involve high costs or pay-per-click module if it’s on digital media. But, SEO doesn’t require paying for ad space, and your page will appear in the search results because Google’s algorithms think it provides value to the users.
- When combined with informative and valuable content, SEO efforts significantly boost a business’s credibility and customer trust.
- SEO tools offer a seamless way of tracking your progress in online marketing. Instead of correlating your ad campaigns with sales, you can use SEO tools to measure the return from SEO investment.
- Last but not least, when your website gets a higher rank, you have a definitive edge over your market competitors.
What are the top SEO tools and their features?
An essential part of the SEO training is understanding various SEO tools that ease the work of search engine optimization. Here is a list of some of the top SEO tools and their key features that every beginner should know about:
- Ahrefs: Mainly serving as a link research tool, Ahrefs offers many other features like competitive analysis, content and keyword research, web monitoring, and rank tracking.
- Answer The Public: A tool that returns a comprehensive list of the most frequently asked questions by the target audience.
- GrowthBar: This tool comes in the form of a Chrome extension and lets you explore and access keyword ranking difficulty score, top-performing keywords, backlink data, domain authority, Facebook ads, and page word count.
- Google Analytics: This tool can serve multiple SEO purposes, such as creating SEO-related goals, finding the top-performing and best content, tracking keywords, setting up alerts, and more.
- Google Keyword Planner: This tool allows users to explore and analyze keywords with search volumes.
- Google Location Changer: This useful SEO tool shows you the search engine result pages for a particular local area even if you don’t live there.
- Google Search Console: It’s a tool for rank tracking and shows the keywords attracting users to your website and the number of clicks and impressions you’re getting for each keyword.
- Google Trends: With this tool, you can check if your keyword is getting more popular or declining in popularity.
- LongTailPro: It is a robust keyword research software that uses multiple root keywords or one single root keyword to generate thousands of long-tail keywords within minutes.
- Moz Pro: It is a software suite that contains some of the best tools for keyword research, on-page optimization, and link analysis.
- Ontolo: With tools for beginners and advanced users, Ontolo is a link-building tool and finds link prospects based on link types, topics, and phrases you provide.
- Screaming Frog: It is a technical SEO tool with power-packed features and keeps track of the outbound and internal links per page, keyword elements like description and title, and their lengths, crawl level, HTTP status codes, and more.
- SEOmator: It’s a powerful software suite for an SEO audit and gives you information on your website’s SEO health.
- SEOprofiler: It is a compact and versatile SEO tool with which you can do website monitoring, link analysis, and keyword research. Also, it lets you monitor your social media reputation.
- Siteliner: It’s a super-fast SEO scanner tool that helps identify duplicate content issues on a website.
Modern times demand advanced approaches to marketing and advertising. When consumers are Internet-savvy and fall back on web results to look up the most trivial of products, SEO offers immense potential to reach out to as many customers as possible. Many SEO tools are available that can do everything to optimize a website and make it accessible to users. Moreover, SEO training provides the much-needed technical skills and know-how to help make a website stand out from the rest.