If you are looking to sell your UK home, there is no shortage of estate agents who will gladly sell your property for a commission fee, which is usually a percentage of the sale price. This is the industry standard that means the more valuable the property, the higher the sales commission, yet you will be happy to learn that there are online estate agents that offer a couple of fixed-fee options for their clients.
No Sale-No Fee Package
The first option is to sell your property on a ‘no sale-no fee’ basis, which means you pay nothing until the agent has found a buyer. The fixed fee is all inclusive and regardless of the resources used or the time taken to sell the property, that is all the client pays.
Split Fee Package
This option involves the client paying 50% of the fixed-fee when their property is put on the market and the final 50% on completion of the sale. When you consider that the national UK average sales commission is around 1.25%, you can see how much you would save if you choose either the split fee or the ‘no-sale-no fee’ option.
Here are just a few of the reasons why a fixed-fee deal is the preferred option when selling your home.
- Huge Saving – Once you sit down and crunch the numbers, it becomes obvious that fixed-fee solutions save you a lot of money and with fixed-fees, everything is included in the price. Check out House Fox, a UK award-winning estate agent with rave reviews, who offers a fixed-fee or a no-sale-no fee option, whichever you prefer. The money you save can be put to good use when furnishing the new home, which is always a costly exercise, or you could use the money for your relocation expenses, which can be considerable.
- Maximise Exposure – Listing your home with a leading UK online estate agent means your home will reach a global audience, with platforms such as Zoopla, Prime Location and Rightmove, which are the go-to platforms for those who are looking to buy property in the UK. Using an award-winning estate agent to sell your home is likely to lead to a quick sale, which allows you to move on to the next exciting chapter of your life.
- All-Inclusive Price – Some estate agents are bold enough to offer fixed-fee packages, which, when compared to the national sales commission average 1.25%, save you a lot. Not only that, all photography, listings and brochures are all included in the price, which is reassuring. If you are about to retire and sell the family home and you are lucky enough to be in the position to build your own home, here are a few tips from a professional. Whether you are upsizing or downsizing, when you compare the estate agent rate of commission to a fixed-fee, it really is a no brainer.
- Professional Presentation – The fixed-fee estate agent has their own in-house team of photographers who will capture the character of your home and with sales copy, your property will be appealing to potential buyers. For a small extra cost, you can have a video presentation created, which allows potential buyers to take a virtual tour of the property, but other than that, everything is included in the fixed fee. If potential buyers are able to take a virtual tour of your property via the agent’s website, this enables them to get a feel of the property before making a physical viewing. If you would like to talk to a leading fixed-fee estate agent, an online search will take you to their website, where you can read all about the various packages they offer.
- Free Evaluation – When you make an enquiry with a fixed-fee estate agent, they would be happy to provide you with a free evaluation of your home, which you can compare with your own independent evaluation. If you would like to learn more about fixed-fee solutions and the ‘no sale-no fee option’, search online for the UK’s leading online estate agent and once you make contact, they can answer any questions you might have. Here is some UK government information on buying and selling property, which is a recommended read.
Award-Winning Estate Agents
When looking for estate agents, if you choose an award-winning agent, this should lead to a satisfactory outcome with a quick sale at your asking price, and at a cost that is very low when compared to the typical 1.25% charged by most estate agents.
The cost of living is rising all the time and you can save a lot of money when selling your home if you choose a leading fixed-fee estate agent who will find a buyer and it won’t cost anywhere near as much as with a traditional commission-based estate agent.