Finally, you’ve decided to ditch your old fax machine and decided to switch to cloud-based fax services. That’s a significant step towards boosting your business’ productivity, saving time and money as well as in keeping your documents organized and always available.
But the benefits don’t stop at that—you’ll also be able to send and receive faxes from mobile devices and sign documents electronically with enhanced security features.
However, since there are plenty of online fax service providers, it can be quite overwhelming to choose the one that’s suitable for your small business. There are specific considerations to make when looking for an online fax service provider.
With that in mind, we have created this post to help you understand the factors when it comes to choosing the best online fax service provider for your small business.
Let’s get started.
Check out the features
When looking for an online fax service provider, review the features the company provides. An experienced and dedicated online fax service provider will provide your small business with a plethora of features to choose from. Look for the following features such as:
- An electronic signature option for your electronic faxes—this feature allows you to sign your faxes online by simply dragging and dropping a “saved” signature onto your fax document or just swiping your finger across the screen of your smartphone or tablet. This is a handy feature to have.
- A good electronic fax service provider will also give you free access to mobile applications, making it possible and easier for you to fax online from anywhere and anytime.
- Make sure they have cloud integration since it helps in accessing your documents on-the-go. Dedicated online fax service providers integrate their platform with popular cloud storage services like Google Drive, iCloud, and Dropbox, allowing the users to quickly access the files from the cloud and send them whenever required.
- A good-quality service will provide you with unlimited online storage based on your business needs. The best part is that the online storage feature allows you to save all outbound and inbound faxes online as long as you hold the account.
You can tag these faxes with keywords, making it easy for you to search and retrieve the required documents without any hassle.
- A dedicated electronic fax platform will allow you to send large files like presentations, high-quality images, videos, etc. at one go. Furthermore, you can send these files to multiple recipients as well.
- Apart from all the enhanced features, a dedicated electronic fax platform will offer maximum security to keep your documents online safe and secure from malicious hacks and unauthorized access.
It’s important that you look into these features as these are the most prominent ones for businesses for sending fax online.
Estimate your usage
Once you’ve looked into the elements the electronic fax platform provides, you need to estimate your monthly usage. That is, you need to find out about the number of online faxes you expect to receive and send in a month.
Based on the size of your business and the customers and partners you interact with, you need to estimate your usage. This will help you to find a robust service that works right under the budget you have planned.
Check what regions are supported in receiving and sending online faxes
Make sure that your electronic faxing provider offers both toll-free fax numbers as well as local fax numbers. This will help your small business to present the image of an established business, allowing you to expand its reach beyond your local area.
What’s more, it will give your business a sense of credibility and accessibility to your clients. This is an essential factor to look into as you need to present your small business as a solution provider that’s not bound to the region.
Look for other features that will specifically benefit your business
While the main functionality and nature of the majority of electronic faxing services are the same, the best ones offer some unique and exciting features that fit perfectly for small businesses.
For example, prominent internet faxing service providers like eFax offers lifetime storage to its users where your faxes are kept in an organized manner and accessible 24/7.
Make sure that you choose the right internet faxing service for your small business. It will keep things organized at your company, and you don’t have to worry about storage, running out of paper, etc. anymore.
Knowing what things to consider when choosing the best online fax services is essential. The abovementioned factors are some of the most important details you might want to take into account.
Make sure to evaluate the best one that will suit your business needs—from being able to offer security to mass faxing, the ability to fax from your phone, computer, tablet, and a lot more!