Running a restaurant will never be completely hassle-free but there are ways of making it easier for you so that you can focus on the things that matter. There are so many things to consider when owning a business—from choosing the correct employees and maintaining a healthy cash flow to daily sales and marketing. It’s hard to keep on top of the numbers and know what changes to make to improve profits, especially if you don’t have an accounting or finance background or you simply just don’t have the time. This is where a restaurant POS could be beneficial to you.
What Is A POS?
A POS (Point of Sale) is, in essence, a cash register system that can take and relay orders between front and back of the house, take payments via cash and debit/credit card payments and so much more. They can be specially adapted for restaurants to give optimum results for your business. It means rather than taking an order with pen and paper, the order can be completed on an iPad or electronic tablet, sending a message straight through to the kitchen, cutting out the middleman. This ensures better faster customer service and less human error. Payments will also be made through this POS system, therefore, you can keep track of exactly what earnings you are making and take payments with ease.
It means rather than taking an order with pen and paper, the order can be completed on an iPad or electronic tablet, sending a message straight through to the kitchen, cutting out the middleman. This ensures better faster customer service and less human error. Payments will also be made through this POS system, therefore, you can keep track of exactly what earnings you are making and take payments with ease.
What Are the Benefits of a POS For My Restaurant?
- Being able to take orders that are sent through straight to the kitchen means less human error with kitchen staff misunderstanding a server’s writing.
- An order being sent to the kitchen through the electronic system, rather than servers running to and from the kitchen, means faster serving times which is especially handy if you’re extremely busy.
- A restaurant POS system can be very simple to use, therefore there’s very minimal staff training that will be needed.
- Customer payments are secure as the POS systems have end-to-end encryption. Most importantly, the POS system can give you all the information you need without the hassle.
- You can check information such as staff numbers during different periods so you can see where more or less staff need to be placed and during which time periods.
- You can reduce customer disappointment with inventory levels inputted on the system so you cannot oversell a product. This means you won’t have to go back and ask a customer to re-order. You can also see if you have too much of a product in stock, hence you can see what is selling well and what isn’t.
From real-time sales, inventory levels and labor reports, the POS system means you can focus on the things that matter such as gaining loyal customers, providing amazing food as well as drinks for your customers.
How Can I Get A POS For My Restaurant?
If you’re interested in a restaurant POS system, you can schedule a demo with companies such as Lavu. A demo means you can see exactly what you would be getting before you purchase so you can see how the POS system works and how it would be beneficial for your business.
Whether you are a single-location restaurant or have many businesses located throughout America, a POS system can be beneficial for you.
Give yourself more time to focus on the service and products you’re providing and make your restaurant run smoothly with a POS. Having a great POS system can give you better profits and more accurate figures in every aspect of your business. Being able to check your inventory or staff schedules at the touch of a button means running your restaurant has never been easier.