Mobile phone has already become the most used device to access the internet in almost all industries, and subsequently, mobile application development has become a vital technological solution especially in the recent times. Over the years, mobile app development has grown drastically (and changed too) and many studies reveal that this trend is not going to end soon – in fact all these studies point to the fact that we’re poised to see a huge technological revolution in this industry. Talking with Mr. Jamsheer, who heads the Technology at Acodez, which is a leading mobile app development company India, on how these existing technologies will emerge by the year 2020, we gathered the below main points from that discussion.
1) AI and ML (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) – Artificial Intelligence and machine learning has already secured a prominent place in the mobile app industry, especially with the introduction of the likes of Siri, Cortana, Alexa, Google Assistant etc. The Artificial Intelligence industry is expected to touch US$ 40 billion by 2020 and the Machine Learning industry is expected to reach US$ 9 Billion by 2022- so we are surely going to witness huge changes in this segment with the help of the various innovations that will happen as a part of this huge growth. In 2020 we will definitely see a lot of mobile apps with high-end AI(Artificial Intelligence). Along with AI, experts also expect ML (Machine Learning) and DL (Deep Learning) is also expected to get a good traction in the coming year.
2) AR & VR (Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality) – There is no doubt that AR and VR has influenced the mobile gaming industry by a lot and had a great success with that. However experts believe that this is just a beginning as AR and VR is all set to change the game in 2020, especially since the tech giants like Apple, Google, Facebook are already investing a lot onto this. Many new phones are coming with AR demos and it’s also entered into the social media market with many leading players already starting to implement some of these features.
3) IoT (Internet of Things)– The IoT industry is expected to become a US$ 1.3 trillion industry by 2020 so, as you could imagine, the growth is going to be immense in this sector. Many big tech brands has already made huge investments in this and by 2020, we’re going to see huge disruptions in our daily life due to IoT. Even though products like Nest, Google Home etc has already made a big mark in this space, we’re yet to see the real power of IoT in smart homes and smart cities. We’re not only going to see more self-driving cars, but more of IoT in various industries like health care, agriculture etc and is expected to make our mobile phones do a lot more tasks, but just for good, as this will help us to simplify many complex tasks.
4) Chatbot – The chatbot industry is expected to reach US$ 12.5 billion by 2025 and the year 2020 is definitely going to be a game changer as it’s already getting connected with AR and VR technologies – which opens up a new experience to the customers and new opportunities to chatbot development, rather than just being a customer service management solution.
5) Beacons – Even though Beacons has become familiar in some industries, like the Hospitality and Healthcare, 2020 is a year where this technology is expected to be more popularised – where we will be seeing amazing Beacons Technologies in combination with IoT, like Beacons for Mobile Payments, Treasure hunting etc
6) Cloud Technology – The Cloud Technology has grown a lot bigger than just being a medium for saving the hosting costs and improving the loading speed and performance of the apps. The year 2020 is going to witness more and more mobile apps being developed that are run directly on the cloud, which can handle the concerns related to the security to a better extent, at the same time protecting all the advantages of the current cloud technology.
7) Mobile Wallets – With already more than 2 billion people across the world using wallets of some or the other kind, we’ll be seeing more innovations in this segment, especially pertaining to the security side of this. Also, keeping the security aspect in tact, we can also expect to see more convenient means of payments being popularised – like the contactless payments.
8) Wearables – The wearable device market is expected to grow by US$33 billion by 2020 and this industry is also expected to show some drastic changes, like becoming a more independent device with reduced dependency on mobile phone that it has now. Wearable Technology already is a leading technology for the fitness industry and will become even more dominant technology in this space by 2020.
9) Blockchain – In the year 2020, Blockchain is definitely expected to break its shackles of becoming just the technology of cryptocurrency and smart contracts. The possibility of developing a Decentralized Mobile app, also known as DApp, which is not owned by a single person or institution will make it impossible to manipulate or take down.