Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sound sleep, regular exercise and eating a healthy diet are some of the key factors for living a healthy life. But, due to busy schedules and multiple commitments, many of us fail to stick with the desired fitness regime. With the improvement in the healthcare technology, it is now easier to find a doctor or a health expert online for guidance.
Here we bring you 10 fitness and health tips that can give you the best results without making an entire lifestyle shift.
- Meditate daily: Meditation is a great way to unwind and relax at the end the day. It controls our mind and life and helps in discovering ourselves. It allows the mind to focus on one thing and detaches from materialistic things. Try to sit and meditate for a few minutes at the beginning of the day.
The daily practice of meditation will help in reducing the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- Add fruits and vegetables to every meal: Fruits and vegetables are the source of vitamins, fiber and minerals that help in reducing the risk of heart diseases, high blood pressure and a certain type of cancers. As they are low in calories and high in fiber, they help in controlling the weight and promoting good health.
Instead of adding them to what you usually eat, try substituting them with high-calorie food in your daily diet.
- Getting a sound sleep: Getting a sound sleep of continuous eight hours at least once a day is as important as eating a healthy diet. Improper sleeping habits can cause weight gain. Lack of sleep can cause the body to produce ghrelin, a hunger hormone that causes sugar and food cravings. Irregular sleeping patterns can also affect the hormone production that may result in belly fat.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water helps in regulating your metabolism and losing weight. Warm or hot water can help you in losing extra kilos. It is always suggested to drink water before having a meal as it will make you consume lesser calories. Also, water should be consumed an hour after having your meal.
In daily life, enough water is lost from the body while sweating, urinating and even breathing. And this needs to be replaced. Apart from water, you can drink beverages like milk and juices which are also a good source of protein.
- Never skip the breakfast: Skipping the first meal in the morning never works. Eating a high-protein and fiber breakfast keeps you energetic the whole day. A healthy breakfast helps in burning your calories and keeps you focused throughout the day.
Many studies have proved that eating breakfast has been linked to good health, sharp memory and lesser chances of gaining weight and getting diabetes.
- Avoid eating meals at your work desk: Eating your meal while working can lead to unmindful grazing. People who eat their meals at their desks end up eating more. Also, sitting at your desk can lower your productivity and cause health issues like back pain and certain leg disorders.
If you are not taking out time for in between breaks and continuously sitting in front of the screen, then it may also lead to stress and fatigue.
- Exercising is important: Exercising regularly can lower the risk of developing certain diseases like diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure. You can go for running and cycling that will improve your cardiovascular fitness and helps in burning calories that will improve your overall fitness.
In order to maintain your health and reduce the risk of health issues, take out 30 minutes from your busy schedule and do some physical activity every day.
- Increase the intake of fiber: Taking a diet rich in fiber helps in keeping your bowel system intact as unlike other foods, it is not absorbed or digested. It passes through the digestive tract without being broken down. The lack of fiber intake in the diet can cause you constipation, sluggishness and colon cancer.
You can include fiber in your diet by adding whole grains, vegetables, legumes and fruits.
- Never do the same workout: Working out every day is definitely great for your body, but doing the same workout might not help you. To challenge your body and improve your stamina, you should switch your day-to-day workouts and keep exercising different forms every month.
In order to get better results, you need to switch up your exercise routine that can be done by trying different forms of cardio, weightlifting and split routines.
- Take small but frequent meals: You must have heard this quite often that eating small, but frequent meals throughout the day help you in staying healthy. Eating 6 small meals a day helps in keeping the metabolism going that allows burning your calories. It also helps in controlling your hunger pangs and blood sugar. This will eventually make you eat less.
Losing weight should not feel like a burden. There are many other ways that can help you in staying healthy with minimal effort. Practicing these simple lifestyle changes will definitely produce the results.
All you need is a little push and determination!
Ryan Kh is an experienced blogger, digital content & social marketer. Founder of Catalyst For Business and contributor to search giants like Yahoo Finance, MSN. He is passionate about covering topics like big data, business intelligence, startups & entrepreneurship. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org